Pause script execution when the DOM changes
- Subtree modification: this pauses execution when any element in the subtree of the selected element is modified (added, removed, or changed attribute).
- Attribute modification: this pauses execution when an attribute of the selected element is modified.
- Node removal: this pauses execution when the selected node is removed from the DOM tree.
This is useful if you don't know the codebase you are debugging for example.
To add a DOM breakpoint:
- Navigate to the Inspector/Elements panel.
- Find the node which you want to add the breakpoint on.
- Open the contextual menu (right-click).
- Open the Break on sub menu and choose the type of breakpoint you want to set.